Thursday, June 02, 2005

My (almost) Trip to Santa Cruz - Part One

With little preparation, planning or thought I jumped in the car Sunday arvo to go down to Santa Cruz. I only had a tour map and I wanted to go down the coast so I went up the 280 towards San Fran and then turned left on the 84 towards the coast. This turned out to be a two lane windy road through the mountains. Very beautiful - kinda reminded me of the Dandenongs but the road was long and tiring. I was pretty much the only car going in my direction until after I passed through Woodside.
Came out on the coast at San Gregorio. Despite wanting to stop at a beach and take some photos, all the beaches had full carparks and all wanted at least $5 to park. So I continued towards Santa Cruz. The coast was pretty to look at but hardly spectacular in this area.
As I came into Santa Cruz it on highway One it was pretty quiet on the road. After grabbing a quick take-out lunch I saw a sign that said "Beach". That's where I wanted to go!

No comments: