Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Jerry Garcia would have been proud

The growing quantity of hair gel I was using indicated that I was in need of a haircut so I nicked across to the San Antonio mall Sunday to get one. The closest barber was a place called GRATEFUL HEAD. I figure they deserved my business for the name alone. Despite a very disinterested hairdresser chick with a wierd face, it was comforting to know they cut hair EXACTLY the same way as at home. And before you say "so what?" think about it. Right down to the pathetic conversation, and the order in which they do things. Only $11 bucks as well.

Then I drove down to Castro street which is the 'Downtown' of Mountain View. I hadn't been back since the hospital incident. I wanted to see it in the daytime, do some window shopping and do a reconaissance for any good restaurants. The street is mostly restaurants, bookshops, a starbucks and Castro's Cigar shop (other than cuba and havana what other street would you put a cigar shop on?).

Picked up a live version of Orbitals 'Doctor Who' on limewire. Puts goosebumps on my arms every time I hear it....

No comments: