Thursday, June 23, 2005

Have ID, will drink

My Californian drivers license arrived today. Its very pretty and thats not just the photo. It should come in handy for ID purposes. They are really strict on asking for ID here seeing as you have to be 21 to drink. I even get asked for ID at the supermarket when I have beer in my trolley. I'm still not used to it but at least they won't spend 5 minutes looking intently at my foreign license.

Of course the trick is to always hand over your Aussie license to policemen and the like coz then you can pose as a tourist and they are more likely to go easy on you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, I wouldn't do that if I was you. They will ask you "Do you have a Californian driver's license?" and if you lie then you are screwed.

Anonymous said...

I always felt like an alcoholic being asked for ID at the Supermarket. The good part though is that you don't need to go into the bottle shop, it is all in together (cheese in a can, chips and alcomohol!!)

Anonymous said...

I want to see your license!

Mashy said...

You can see it when I get back. I'm not posting it here.