Thursday, June 09, 2005

Guaranteed to be boring

I know I don't do movie reviews but I went to see Kingdom of Heaven sunday night in Santa Clara. This happened to be the only movie showing in all of the bay area that I thought I could stand to watch. Anyway I am just finishing a book on the history of the Templar knights called The New Knighthood and I wondered if they would be featured in the movie and how much would be accurate.
Turns out the politics and contradictions between the westerners, the environment and the general events were all spot on which made it fascinating (except Saladin never took Jeruselem). It was REALLY interesting to see the Templars depicted as the bad guys when in fact it was opposite. Anyway if you've read this far on this post then you must be pretty bored with real life. Go and read a book or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be interested in reading that book when you get back. Have you read Focault's Pendulum (Umberto Eco) or The Da Vinchi Code? Both of those books deal with occultism too.

Mashy said...

There was no occultism involved (in real history). I'm a bit tired of conspiracy theory type novels.