Sunday, June 05, 2005

Everything electrical

On the Memorial Day holiday I went down to Fry's Electronics Store. Imagine a building as big as those huge Bunnings stores totally dedicated to computers and electronics. Had a good wander and thought about all the things I could buy if I had the money and we had 110 volts back home.
Picked up a tiny mouse for my laptop and a small set of computer speakers so I can play all the music I am downloading in the apartment. These items cost me $20 US each. The checkout guy wasn't very friendly and they seemed to incredibly wary of my Visa card - needed manager approval to use it.
Later I spilt a whole cup of coffee directly over the mouse but it still functions. The speakers are good but I will probably burn them out coz I have to turn them up to 11 to hear the music loud throughout the whole apartment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I've spent a lot of time and effort on the 110V problem and the answer is "step down xformer".

Forget even asking shop assistants about 240V because they don't know that other voltages exist. Nor region-coding, or PAL video format, etc. etc.

Go here:
http://www.world-import.com/