Sunday, May 29, 2005

Snow's, the chunder people

Just ate some Clam Chowder. It was given to me - I didn't buy it. Despite not being all that much into seafood and despite the fact that I think chowder sounds too close to chunder, I tried it. Mainly because I always wanted to know what it is. Now I know. Think of smelly, fishy, creamy soup with chunder-like bits of stuff like potato and other unidentifiable lumps. Yuk. I even got sucked in by the blurb on the can:
For generations, New Englanders [who?] grew up on Snow's Authentic New England Chowders [man they must be sick of it]. For over eighty years, Snows harvested fresh clams from the deep icy waters of the north atlantic with their own fishing boats [does it make a diff whose boats?], and combined them with potatoes and spices to create a creamy tasting clam chowder, full of clams [no shit] that's truely authentic [Down with fake chowder!]. Capture that hearty New England tradition today, only from Snow's, the chowder people.

2 comments:

Mashy said...

you have to be joking

Anonymous said...

Clam Chowder rocks you dopey tard - what would you know; livin on a diet of fry-up and pizza.