Saturday, May 28, 2005

Revenge of the Snackbar Sith

After the sun was going down and it was too cold to stay by the pool I decided to go to the movies and see Episode III of Star Wars. The apartment concierge (a guy named "Tyger") showed me where the nearest cinemas were. The nearest one was up Shoreline road near the bay. An easy drive and a good exercise in navigating somewhere and getting to know the area. Huge car park but the cinemas themselves were a little strange. Obviously old, there was a ticket office on the street a snackbar area inside and little else.
Got a drink from said snackbar. What I really like about these places and also fast food outlets is the self-serve drinks. They give you a paper cup of size according to what you pay and you fill it yourself. That way I can avoid getting 30% ice dumped in the bottom to rip me off. Of course the smallest cup you can get is equivalent to almost as big as the largest you can get in oz. The largest size is positively terrifying.
Inside the almost-packed theatre I watched the Americans while waiting for the movie to start. Dad's, Mom's, Kids and everyone else proceeded to consuming enough junk food to feed a small African nation. The noise alone was amazing. Honestly I saw people eating courses with desert and everything. Feel slightly sick, thankfully the movie starts.
Movie was the best of the three so far but still sort of disappointing for numerous reasons. Sorry, I don't do movie reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't knock 'em just yet Mashy. I've seen the stuff you tend to eat, and with the high availability of shite food there, you may go down the dark path yourself.
(bet you're missing Rich Maha though)