Monday, May 23, 2005

My Pad

Sleep a little at first then I am awake all night. This must be jet lag. Then I sleep really well from about 8:am. End up sleeping in till 10:30 which gives me no time to check my email before an 11:00 meeting I have this morning. My meeting is with my relocation consultant in the lobby of the apartment tower leasing office. She is very nice, but we dont have time to finish our tour as I have to get picked up by Milan on his way to the customers office.

Get picked up by Milan from the hotel and taken to the customer site. Spend the day there. At the end of the day Ryan drives me to the appartment block and I get the keys to my apartment which is now ready. The hotel will charge me another night now, so I may as well stay the extra night at the hotel. After picking up the keys I go check out my room.

This apartment rocks!. It has pool, gym and a concierge from 7-11. These people are so nice it's like they were bred that way. They will do absolutely anything for you like finding somewhere to go, something to eat, something to do etc. The staff have regular pool parties and BBQ's for the residents, there is free coffee in the lobby and regularly free donuts as well. The donuts serve as emergency meals on more than one occaision in the next few days. I am on the 10th floor (second from top) and have a great view of the San Antonio Mall. Only downside is that I don't have phone or internet hooked up. Major pain as now I have to go down 10 floors to make a phone call.

No comments: