Thursday, May 19, 2005

Smooth Sailing

NOT. Lets see...
1. The stupid relocation people haven't got my apartment ready despite telling me that it would be when I arrived. I have to check into a hotel down the road. I'm not paying so I shouldn't care.
2. I have no pass to the office.
3. I have no pass to the customer site. My company HR started told me they would initiate the security check required on me 3 weeks ago. After pinging HR they tell me the wait will be 2-3 weeks and they have 'escalated' it. I strongly suspect somebody has sat on their fat ass rather than do their job.
4. I have no car. The relocation people vanished in the 5 days before my arrival. Despite issuing instructions as to what I want and where I want to pick the car up nothing has been done. Have to get Hammer, Ryan, Milan to drive me around.
5. My email doesn't work from the customer site.
6. It's a miracle my laptop can run anything post DOS6.
7. I am still deodorant-less.

Despite all this, everyone incredibly nice. Staying on a street called El Camino Real. Awesome. Rolls off the tounge. Feel like I am in a spagetti western.

Stay tuned for 'First night piss up' and 'What's this small swimming pool doing in my bathroom?.

No comments: