Thursday, May 19, 2005

15 hours in a chair

United flight from mel to syd? Good apart from the first-time flying 6 year old two rows back who started screaming like she was being strangled as soon as the engines started. Seems like take-off took forever with that racket. Any self-respecting 7 year-old would have been happy with the playlunch served mid flight. Sort of makes you feel good to know there is an airline worse than Qantas.
Realised after take off that being sans-deodorant (I ran out that morning), I may not have a chance to buy some after I arrive. Tried looking for some as I got off at sydney but had to rush straight onto the conecting flight. The fucking single-queue repeat security check in the transfers area just sucked all the time up. Instead I got on the plane as a walking chemical weapon. I wish they knew what they had done.
Got an aisle seat with NO-ONE next to me even though the plane was pretty full Praise the Lord! Made the flight quite bearable. Dinner was an awesome spiced chicken thing. Breakfast was unedible. Curious to know how they make scrambled eggs rock hard and tasteless. Despite arriving early, we were stuck in a holding pattern for 30 mins due to bad weather and ended up late.
Happy that I didn't smell too bad on landing. Hammer was waiting for me at the airport which was awesome and dropped me off at the office. And the fun was just beginning...

No comments: