Monday, May 23, 2005

First Night

Left the office and Hammer drove me to the apartment building I should be staying in. Turns out my room will not be ready until thursday night. The concierge at the appartments, helps to book a room in the hotel next door, then we go and check in. The hotel next door is a Best Western otherwise known as the 'hookup joint' of the area. The free broadband internet in the rooms is fantastic, just connect my laptop and off I go.

After checking in, went with Ryan and Hammer to the Los Alamos grill. Had to wait about 20 mins for a table. Had a couple of pints of beer while waiting. Note I haven't eaten anything except a small sandwich since 8:30 that morning. The food was great. Had some beef ribs that were gigantic with mash and a really nice salad. The rib meat just fell off the ribs. Best ribs ever. The service was also fantastic, empty beer glasses were whisked off the table as soon as you put them down and all the staff were ridiculously friendly. Had a couple more pints of beer. Because I am jet lagged, dehydrated and have hardly eaten, the friggin beer just goes straight through me and I go to the 'restrooms' about 8 times through the night. Get dropped at the hotel drunk, tired, happy.

No comments: