Monday, July 04, 2005

Road Trip - part three


Then it was on to the Guglielmo winery in Morgan Hill. Pretty italian-style winery. Everyone else was tasting the wines so I joined in. I went to taste some sirah and as soon as the dude behind the counter recognised I was Australian his face just fell. "Oh this is no comparison to Australian sirah" he said (right in front of everybody) and then went on to imply I shouldn't bother tasting any of the other wines. And he was right - their pinot and merlot were dead boring and fairly average. Kinda makes one feel pretty good about home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mashy,
Have you seen the movie "Sideways"?
This fountain makes me think of the "Frass Canyon" winery in the movie, where the grumpy wine buff character turns up his nose at the wines saying it "tastes like f**n Raid".

Was your bartender an Australian or a Yank?