Monday, August 22, 2005

And the Grand Champion is....

Mashy Mashy Mashy Oi Oi Oi!
EASY win. And here was my booty. The Grand Champion on the label wasn't referring to the wine, it was referring to ME.
Before I started the first stomp the MC asked me where I was from. Some annoying woman down the front kept calling out "Is he really from Australia?" "I wanna see a drivers license" in some attempt to be funny. Don't know exactly what sort of scam she thought I was pulling by pretending to be Aussie but later in I did show her my drivers license and she turned out to have relatives in Brisbane.
For the next two hours I had to endure every stranger I passed saying "Great Stomp", "Well done" and "Are you really from Australia". Got very annoying but at least I had my fifteen minutes.
I've got loads of wine. Its American and I've gone off red wine but it looks good. I may give it away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you decide to give the red wine away, can you please give me a bottle upon your return!!

Sod

Anonymous said...

Now you have really earned your name - "Mashy"!
(Sorry, couldn't help myself ...)

If you get sick of computer systems, perhaps you can change careers to a "grape crusher".

Seriously, congratulations on your victory.
Cheers,
b

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mashy.

Are you really from Australia? Shouldn't you have your pet kangaroo with you? Or two heads or something?

Anonymous said...

No, don't give it away! Share it with overseas visitors :)